Sticky Chicken Stir-Fry With Slaw
You will need
- 1 x 295g bottle Taste the Difference smoky barbecue and brown ale marinade
- 3 red chillies
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 1 x 400g bag sweet leaf salad
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- ½ x 31g pack coriander, chopped
- 1½ tbsp toasted sesame oil
- juice and zest of 1 lime, plus extra lime wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
1. Pour the marinade into a small pan. Halve and deseed 1 of the chillies. Add it to the pan along with the five spice. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring, until reduced and thick.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok. Brown the chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes until cooked through; transfer to a plate.
3. Return all the chicken to the wok and season. Pour the marinade over the chicken, discarding the chilli, and stir.
4. For the slaw, deseed and finely chop the remaining chillies, and transfer to a bowl with the salad, cucumber and coriander. Whisk the sesame oil, lime zest and three-quarters of the lime juice. Pour over, toss and season.
5. Add the reserved lime juice to the chicken; mix. Serve with the slaw – sprinkled with sesame seeds – and the lime wedges.
From Sainsbury’s Magazine